Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Patches and Her Kittens

Patches is a calico Kitten I had trapped back in May of 2004. She was VERY pregnant at the time, but I didn't realize how far along she really was. She is a small cat to begin with and her being a kitten herself, she did not appear VERY pregnant.
Anyway, I trapped her and put her in the crate where she would wait to be fixed the following week. On Saturday morning, I went in to feed her and clean her box when I saw she was in labor. Before I knew it, out came a kitten, then another, and another, and another. Four kittens. I had to get to work so I left Patches and her kittens with my family who looked after them. When I got to work I decided to call home and two more were born. Six kittens altogether.
This is Patches and her babies.

Patches was a very inexperienced mother and did not take very good care of her kittens. All but one died. His name is Ari. He lives with us. Patches had tamed down a lot after being spayed and we kept her too. She now lives a life of happiness and buns(rolls). Her favorite food.

Patches

2 Comments:

Blogger Snowball said...

Hi Patchnies!

They've got basknets at Åhléns n stuffs so maybe if you call them n stuffs they can send you one n stuffs. Shoo, you could bowwronow my basknet, but Mommy put stuffs in it n stuffs. Oh no!

Thu Dec 22, 01:28:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Beautiful! You maintain one of the internet's best blogs.
Thanks from a devoted animal lover,
Amanda

Fri Dec 30, 12:36:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home