Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Puff Puff



This is the story of a dear sweet cat named Puff Puff.
She was born underneath our shed in August of 2003. She was in a litter of 7 kittens. Her mother died a few months after they were born.
Puff Puff was diferent than her brothers and sisters. She was a very friendly cat.
Whenever she saw me coming with the food she was the only one who would come running to me. After awhile, she let me pet her and we got to be good friends.
Puff Puff was blind in her left eye. She became that way from a bad infection she had gotten over the winter. Unfortunately, the vet could not do anything for her eye as it was too late. But Puff Puff didn't let that stop her. She wandered around in the woods and yards like she was the Queen of the neighborhood. And she was.
On September 27th, 2004, Puff Puff was found dead in the road in the early morning. My son was coming home from work when he found her and brought her home. We buried her in the yard she wandered around so happily that year.
I still miss seeing her around. She was small but her presence was and still is enormous. For this is Puff Puff's land.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Oh, sweet Puff Puff. I can't bear it, it's very sad.

---
In other news...YES! WOW!!! ΝΑΙ ΡΕ ΓΑΜΩΤΟ!!!
I was in the attic with lovely Rachel and I shook Pete's hand, or rather he shook mine. Unbelieveable! I'm surprised I'm still breathing.
I will post something about Pete later on... He helped me a lot today in the way only HE can. Otherwise I would have been so sad today...

Lots of love
xoxoxo
M

Tue Dec 06, 07:02:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

So sorry about your Puff Puff.

Pete has posted that the BASEMENT JAM - Four hour show will be looped starting 16:00 UK time Friday 9th December. Running 24/7 until further notice. So, I suggest a Sunday chat at Ballerina Gurl's. Please let me know what you think? Thanks!

Peace, love and light.

Wed Dec 07, 07:43:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Me again lol.

Just to let you know that tomorrow we'll be having a chat over on BallerinaGurl's chatroom during the 17.30 eastern time loop.

We'll be thrilled to see you!

Details on KidRic's and my blog
xoxoxo
M

Sat Dec 10, 08:36:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Oh for Heavens sake, Marietta, don't you have anywhere else to go? ROFL

Also over on my blog: Greek Christmas Traditions. My mouth is salivating just at the thought of the food...

Bye :o)

Sun Dec 11, 05:41:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Hi GZ,
I have been without a cat for 2 years and all the post that I have read today seem to contain cat pictures. Maybe I am getting a kitty for christmas.

Tue Dec 13, 05:00:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home