Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Walk In The Forest

On Sunday, we took a walk in the forest. It is such a quiet place that seems like no other humans have gone.
The moss grows so thick that I have never seen the likes of before.

The colors of the forest has started to change it's palette.




You could hear the wind blow above in the tree tops but cannot feel the air race over the ground. There it is still.








We came upon an abandoned house. I couldn't help but think about the lives of the people who once lived there. What their lives must of been like. The house looked sad as if in mourning of it's people it once housed.




We ended our walk where we started. A view from the front poarch. To look at this everyday and be able to walk in the forest whenever would be a dream come true. And of course I had to put a cat in this post. This is Chivas. I'm not sure of the spelling, but he lives here. Lucky cat!

5 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

Hi Zoe, the scenery is beautiful, what a peaceful walk. You're right the house looks so lonely, when I see old houses like that I always think about who lived there back when and what it was like aswell. Adorable cat. Will he be coming home with you!!!
Have fun, enjoy your walks......
xx Grace

Wed Oct 11, 04:39:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Zoe, I never get tired of looking at others' nature shots, and yours are beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Chivas looks like he's very clever- must be in the eyes.

Sun Oct 15, 10:09:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Dale said...

Hi Zoe

Fall scenery is by far my favourite to walk through. I am lucky because I have a lovely forest where I live and I can walk through it every day. I could walk so far that I could get lost and never be found again!

I seems that Sweden is fairly similar to this part of the world - just a wee bit farther north.

I hope you have a safe trip home and leave the strays behind!

:)
Dale

Mon Oct 16, 07:51:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Dale said...

...Chivas Regal?

Mon Oct 16, 07:51:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Zoe,

Oops, sorry I've not come back earlier and noticed you'd posted updates.

Great pictures! Very similar to Finland, too (although the parts where you are I think are some hundreds of kilometers down south from my "level"). Something like finding an abandoned house in the forest gives a real sense of adventure, doesn't it?

Maria

Sat Oct 28, 08:36:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home