Friday, June 16, 2006

Father's Day


This Sunday is Father's day. My Dad is no longer with us. He passed in 1977. But I would like to remember him on this blog on this day of recognition.

He was a great dad. I was lucky to have him as a father. He worked hard to make sure my brother and I had what we needed. He took us to the White Sox games and to the woods for picnics with the family. They would last the whole day long. Great memories!

He was the best cook too. Especially when grilling outside. He didn't have a fancy grill. Just an ordinary round one with a lever that you could raise the grate up and down with. It was quite primitive compared to the grills of today. I don't think anyone with one of those fancy grills could match my dad's porkchops.

Though my memories are all that is left. I must say that they are great memories. I wouldn't trade them for a million dollars.
Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you and miss you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Dear Zoe

I am fortunate that my Dad is still living.
He is a great man & the most important male in my life next to my husband & son.
What a nice tribute to your Dad, Zoe.

Your comment on my blog about your daughter Emma had me at a loss for words. All along while I was mourning the loss of our dog, I was thanking the lord that it wasn't one of our children.
My heart goes out to you & I will look for the next shooting star.

Love
Dale

Sat Jun 17, 10:59:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Dear Zoe,
What a lovely tribute to your father, and such a tender moment captured in that photo. You must have been so young when he passed away. I lost my dad 5 years ago and still miss him terribly, so I completely understand what you've written about.

I also just read about your Emma, and, like Dale, my heart goes out to you as well. *big hugs*

I think you're right about having that day of recognition and keeping happy memories of the people we lose.

Take care,
AM

Sat Jun 17, 11:24:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger grace said...

Hi Zoe, That is a beautiful tribute to your Dad. Great picture. He would be proud. I no longer have my Dad either, he passed on Father's Day 1998. He was a good one too. All the best Grace

Sun Jun 18, 04:57:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home