Monday, September 11, 2006

Tortellini

This is Tortellini. She is an Eastern Box Turtle. She adopted my family and I. I'm not sure on how old she is, but I would guess about 3 or 4. This week we are going to build her a little house she can go in during bad weather. I am also going to buy some top soil and mulch so she can hibernate properly. There is a wonderful forum all about turtles called what else? The Turtle Forum! And it is loaded with tons of information and turtle experts to help me in this new relationship.

Tortellini also has a wading pool that I dug out for her. I haven't seen her in it yet though. Maybe she uses it when no one is looking. She might be a shy turtle. I hope she stays with us a long while. I have gotten quite used to her being around. I think I love her.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Zoe,
She's just so cute. You'll be happy together. :)

Tue Sep 12, 09:36:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger grace said...

Aw, Tortellini, I like that name. I am sure she will be very happy with you. I hope she stays. xo Grace

Wed Sep 13, 05:56:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Dale said...

Hi Zoe

I'd love to have a menagerie in my backyard.
In a way I do, though - the deer, elk and moose wander through.
There was a doe with twins in the back alley the other day.
It's also bear season and a black has been getting into people's garbage the past few nights.
They are also attracted to the fruit trees.
We met a cougar on the mountain biking trail a few years back, too. Yikes!

I've got a household full of aging pets, too!

Maybe Tortellini is shy and doesn't want to bathe in front of prying eyes...

I hope she knows she's found a very good home!

:)
Dale

verification: faxland...

Thu Sep 14, 09:55:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger grace said...

9.16. Hi Zoe, How's it going? Looks like Joe's Pub was pretty F***ing awesome. Aagh, we were there in spirit though!! Did you see the photos on Pete's website? Will you be seeing any shows afterall this fall? xox Grace

Sat Sep 16, 07:10:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Snowball said...

Shoo when I gwrow up I'm gonna have a tuwrtnle n I'm gonna name it Turtleesa. Shoo!

Wed Sep 20, 01:04:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Zoe,

Sorry for not having visited your blog for such a long time.

Awww, I think Tortellini is one of the most adorable sights I've seen - and Tortellini is such a great name, it has a diminutive feel to it :-)

Maria

Tue Sep 26, 06:26:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home